How to use the Banquet Blog...

If you would like to add your thoughts to the list of blog posts, email devlin.hughes@trincoll.edu for the email invitation you will need to post things! Click HERE to make your post, or to sign up so that you can start posting.

To see who's on the line-up to talk, click
HERE.


To find out more about Banquet on the Trinity website, click HERE.


Friday, February 29, 2008

Some thoughts

I'm concerned about my life. I dream about a life I want to live and yet I live a reality that defies my dream. It is hard sometimes to think of one self as a Christian because Christianity is not laboring to become, it is about living to become. To many what I just said doesn't really make sense but to a few it makes a whole lot of sense. Most of the times I struggle to love. To love even those who I know don't deserve my love [but I do it anyway]. And there are times when I make an effort to reach out but the more I try, the more isolated I feel. Is there anything wrong with me then? Nope! Thats the way we were created, creatures at war with themselves. Wrong! Thats not the way we were created. We were created to live a life that Christ came to give us abundantly. We were created to present all our anxieties to God and even though life rough our faith is complete when we realize that it is faith that keeps us hopeful.

1 comment:

Devlin said...

That's really beautiful, I love that you address the struggle so many of us know so well, but you don't dance around it to make it sound okay to just accept our shortcomings. Thanks so much for posting that.