How to use the Banquet Blog...

If you would like to add your thoughts to the list of blog posts, email devlin.hughes@trincoll.edu for the email invitation you will need to post things! Click HERE to make your post, or to sign up so that you can start posting.

To see who's on the line-up to talk, click
HERE.


To find out more about Banquet on the Trinity website, click HERE.


Friday, May 2, 2008

A Tale of Destruction

I'm denial about the sins of my fathers

Clustered within a dark place

Securely guarded by illusions

The thoughts of me

Or anyone close to me

Being an inhere threat to self were concealed

I allowed deception to eat away reality

I was a victim victimized by me

Paraded to shame

A state of denial itself

Denying that those close to me were the devil

Denying that that devil was me

And so destruction of the self was inborn and outborn

Inside me and around me

We are defined by two forces

One within and the other without

The sins of my fathers

My denial

Two forces

A definition that make me a me

A person so strong yet so weak

2 comments:

ngoni87 said...

This is one of the last few words I had hoped to share with you guys before barricading myself into my beautiful Africa this summer.I missed the last Banquet and the loss I feel right know is akin to that one could've felt after missing the Lord's Last Super. Anyways I hope you'll find words hidden between the lines of this poem that speak to your particular situation just like I have through reading it over and over again to myself.

Blake said...

I think this is a wonderful message, and though I have only read it once I can already tell that each time I read it... probably over and over this summer it will speak something new to me each time. We missed you at the last banquet and I wish you the best at home this summer.